Government job or a private job is a very complex question for the students who are about to begin their career. But to get any of the jobs, one has to face exams. Exams are one of the general method to judge a person on their skills and evaluate them for a correct role. Exams not only force students to learn but also teaches to deal with adverse situations. Both types of exams such as Government exams and Private exams are conducted across India to fill the required positions. Government exams are usually for the government Jobs and private exams are usually for private jobs and both have some pros and cons. There are also certain myth about government jobs. So, people feel it would be best for them. People prepare for government jobs because of number of reasons such as Job security, Better retirement policy, Better work life balance, Low Work stress etc. To get these facilities people prepare for certain exams such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC JE, UPSC, OICL, UIIC, SBI PO, SBI SO, IBPS PO, NDA etc.
Some of the best considered Sarkari exams are:
- UPSC: This exam is conducted for recruitment to various Services of the Government of India and of the states, It includes such as Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IA&AS), Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS), Indian Corporate Law Service (ICLS) etc. One would become more and more important for the development of the country by joining these services. The most popular among them is IAS. An IAS Powers and Facilities are unmatched to that in the Private sector, Facilities such as beautiful and huge houses as residences on very low or no rent, maids, cooks, gardeners, security guards, etc. are provided at minimal rate.
- Railways Exam: The Railway authority conducts entrance examinations for the recruitment of in the Railway service. Through the railway exam, one can opt for Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE), Grade IV (trackman), Pointsman, Gateman, Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS), Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers (IRSEE) etc. Railways is considered to be the biggest employer for the country. Promotions are faster as compared to other government jobs here because of huge number of departments.
- SSC exam: SSC Exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for the staff in various Group B and Group C posts in ministries and departments of the Government of India. In the exam, General Reasoning, Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English are asked.
- Bank PO: Probationary Officers (PO) are recruited every year through IBPS PO exam. They join as assistant bank manager and helps to solve customer problem involving Cheque books, ATM cards, Demand Drafts etc. Probationary Officers also supervises the work of Bank Clerks such as cash transactions, cash management, account opening, etc.
- NDA: NDA also known as National Defence Academy is the Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces including the Army, the Navy and the Air Force. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is responsible for the organization of a national level entrance exam known as NDA Exam.